Baked Vanilla & Strawberry Cheesecake
Time: 55 mins
Calories: 228 kcal ; Protein: 10g; Fat: 19g ; Net Carb: 1g ; Fibre: 2g
1 + 1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup stevia
6 tbsp butter or coconut oil (85 g)
1/4 tsp salt
250 g room temperature cream cheese
200 g high protein Greek yoghurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered stevia
1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
Fresh berries of choice
1. Preheat oven to 170C and line a springform baking pan with paper.
2. Prepare the base by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl with melted butter or coconut oil and combine well. Press into the lined baking pan and bake for 7-8 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Prepare the cheesecake filling. Add cream cheese, yoghurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and powdered stevia to a mixing bowl. Beat or whisk until smooth. Add eggs and mix again until just combined. Pour the mixture over the cooled cheesecake base and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven once the top has just set and is no longer liquid.
4. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature then set in the fridge for at least two hours.
5. Slice into 10 pieces and serve topped with fresh berries and a dusting of powdered stevia or monk fruit.
Notes: I used a 24cm springform pan and Yopro yoghurt. If you don't have a springform pan, you can try baking the cheesecake in a casserole dish or rectangle baking tray. The base can be baked the night before and left out on the bench to cool.
Recipe by Bec Miller, a clinical nutritionist, founder of Health with Bec and host of the popular Body Bites with Bec podcast,. Bec has helped thousands of women lose weight and keep it off without restriction and hunger pangs thanks to her 3 Week Body Reset program.