Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Time: 30 mins
Macros: Calories: 457 kcal; Protein: 32 g; Fat: 29 g; Net carbs: 11 g; Fibre: 7 g
1. Two x 200 g chicken breasts
2. 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
3. Pinch salt
4. Two thin prosciutto slices
5, Quarter cup unsalted chicken broth
6. Two tablespoons lemon juice
7. Two tablespoons unsalted butter
8. Two tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
9. Quarter teaspoon crushed red pepper
10. Four cups Brussel sprouts
11. One extra tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Slice Brussel Sprouts in half, arrange on baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Shake around to coat evenly, sprinkle generously with salt and make sure they’re in an even layer with their flat sides facing down
4. Season chicken evenly with pepper and salt; wrap each chicken breast with 1 prosciutto slice, covering as much of the chicken as possible.
5. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an oven proof fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown on 1 side (about 3 - 4 minutes). Turn the chicken over, then place the pan in the oven.
6. At the same time, put the sprouts in the oven and roast until they are tender and deeply golden on the edges (about 17 to 25 minutes).
7. Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 75 degrees C (usually about 4 to 6 minutes). Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to a plate.
8. Return the pan onto the stove on medium heat; add broth and lemon juice; stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until reduced by about half (around 1 to 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in butter, parsley and chili. Serve the sauce over the chicken and serve next to the sprouts as soon as they’re ready.
Recipe by Bec Miller, a clinical nutritionist, founder of Health with Bec and host of the popular Body Bites with Bec podcast,. Bec has helped thousands of women lose weight and keep it off without restriction and hunger pangs thanks to her 3 Week Body Reset program.