Do you love holidaying with your pet? Here are eight dog-friendly holiday parks in NSW which will welcome not only your family, but man's best friend too.
1. BALLINA: You are not barking up the wrong tree if you choose Shaws Bay Holiday Park as your dog-friendly holiday destination of choice. This popular Park is a pup’s playground with all caravan and camping sites, and most cabins, dog-friendly all year round. With a waterfront location on the glorious Richmond River and calm waters of Shaws Bay, this park is hard to beat. A 5-minute drive from the park takes you to Missingham Beach, which has a perfect off-leash area ideal for your furry friends to get dog-tired running, jumping, swimming and playing.
2. MOONEE BEACH: Smack in the middle of Moonee Beach on the Central Coast, this holiday park is the perfect spot to experience the tranquillity of nature with your dog. Moonee Beach Holiday Park is dog-friendly all year round and features a range of modern tiny homes and cabins as well as generous powered and unpowered sites for those campers holidaying with their canine companions. The park provides convenient doggy waste bags for your use and features a deluxe dog wash with hot and cold faucets so you can get your dog’s preferred temp just right! Guests also appreciate the park’s large camp kitchen looking over the Moonee Beach Reserve and beachfront, its modern amenities and fire pits for those cosy chats around the campfire. The park’s tennis courts, and ping pong table are also popular with our more active guests who are up for a bit of friendly competition.
3. SAPPHIRE COAST: Eden Holiday Park is located on the picturesque Sapphire Coast and welcomes dogs on sites and in selected cabins. All powered and unpowered sites are dog friendly as well as five dog friendly family cabins. Kick back with your pup after a day of exploring the surrounding areas at Eden Holiday Park with its camp kitchen and unlimited beach access. Opposite the park is an off-leash dog beach called Aslings Beach. The park also has a deluxe dog bath with hot and cold water. Doggy waste bags are situated throughout the park too!
4. LAKE KEEPIT: Lake Keepit Holiday Park is truly a pet’s paradise with kilometres of walking tracks to explore and unlimited opportunities to cool off with a dip in the dam and a sensational roll in the mud. Based right on Keepit Dam, bigger than the size of Sydney Harbour, this park is considered the “local beach” with dogs and their humans enjoying day picnics, swimming, boating and nights around the campfire. This park is dog-friendly all year round with a large selection of powered and unpowered caravan and camping sites to choose from. There are also a limited number of dog-friendly cabins available where your doggo can hang out together in the fenced off outdoor area. This park also has a water spray park and a huge SPLASH Waterpark on the dam for human companions to enjoy during the warmer months. The camp kitchen, BBQs, amenities, boat ramp and fish cleaning stations, go karts, skate ramp, tennis and volleyball court are also very popular.
5. CORINDI BEACH: This stunning holiday park right on the Corindi Headland is dog-friendly all-year round on all caravan and camping sites and a selection of cabins. Not only is there a wealth of space for your pup to explore, but there's also a skate park and basketball court for your travel buddies to enjoy. Corindi Beach Holiday Park also features a camp kitchen, BBQ facilities, and plenty of outdoor seating areas.
6. COFFS COAST: Spend a glorious winter holiday with your travelling dog at Red Rock Holiday Park, on the glorious Coffs Coast. This park has a range of selected, powered and unpowered sites for furry friends and their humans to enjoy. Dog owners love the 3km board walk around the river and the salty spray of surf at nearby Red Rock Beach which allows dogs on lead. For an off-leash experience, playful pups can run around at Corindi Beach to the south of Ocean Street. After a day frolicking around the Red Rock Reserve and beach area, pups can enjoy the park’s deluxe hot and cold dog bath. Don’t worry if you run out of food, there is a takeaway restaurant and convenience store on site which also sells puppy chow so you don’t have to take a break from your holiday to grab the essentials.
7. BRUNSWICK RIVER: It’s a definite case of puppy love at Ferry Reserve Holiday Park. Located right on the Brunswick River, Reflections Ferry Reserve is dog friendly all year round with five deluxe cabins, six tiny homes and all caravan and camping sites at the park ready to host a playful pup and their humans. With plenty of scenic walking areas to enjoy and a great off-leash, exercise area close by at Mains Beach, Ferry Reserve Holiday Park is a doggie’s dream.
8. LENNOX HEAD: We love that every dog has its day at Lennox Head Holiday Park. This Reflections dog-friendly holiday park is located on the north coast of NSW, just a short walk from Seven Miles Beach, which is an off-leash pup’s paradise. All of the caravan and camping sites at Lennox Head Holiday Park are dog friendly and the park also features ten dog-friendly cabins, including four deluxe accommodation offerings for convenient and luxurious travel with your fur babies. The enclosed, off-leash dog area has agility equipment and is the ideal location for travellers to come together and enjoy this ultimate dog-friendly play area. The park’s dog wash is also a must for those returning from a beach romp!