Is there such a thing as the ultimate treat? This rocky road comes pretty close! Made with organic ingredients from regional NSW, this recipe is a flavour bomb that will not disappoint. It’s a crowd pleaser, great to give as gifts or to enjoy all to yourself.
1. 1 ½ cups marshmallows (halved)
2. 1 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
3. Half cup dried cranberries, chopped
4. Three quarter cup Green Grove Organics raspberry licorice (or substitute for organic black licorice)
5. 500g Green Grove Organics milk chocolate, roughly chopped (dark or white chocolate may also be used)
6. Quarter cup desiccated coconut
1. Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tray. Set aside.
2. Melt your chocolate. Place roughly chopped chocolate into a heat-proof mixing bowl. Place into the microwave in 30 second bursts (stirring between each), until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Chop and mix your marshmallows, almonds, dried cranberries, and raspberry licorice in a large bowl. Stir though the coconut.
4. Add chocolate to your dry ingredients and stir through until the dry ingredients are covered with chocolate.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tray and place in the fridge until it has completely set (at least two hours).
6. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut into slices. To prevent cracking, run your knife under hot water then dry completely before cutting.
Recipe from Junee Licorice and Chocolate Factory, which produces innovative, certified organic confectioneries. Find out more here: www.juneelicoriceandchocolate.com/