Looking for a healthy dish with a melt-in-the-mouth texture? Try this sous vide recipe - vacuum sealing the food in a bag and cooking in a steam oven. This method allows for an even and gentle process that gives succulent and tender results.
Sous Vide Peach with Burrata and Watercress Salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
6 yellow peaches, cut in half, stones removed
Thinly sliced orange peel of 1 orange
6 sprigs thyme
2 tbsp honey
⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup (60ml) fresh orange juice
1 tsp honey
Salt and fine white pepper
3 burrata (100g each)
3 cups watercress leaves, rinsed
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
½ pomegranate, seeded
1. Set the steam oven to steam function on 73°C.
2. Place peaches, orange peel, thyme and honey in a large vacuum-seal bag. Place in the vacuum drawer and vacuum on level 3 to extract all the air from the bag.
3. Place in the oven and sous vide for 20 minutes. Cut bag and drain juices (you can keep these juices for drizzling over ice cream); pat peaches gently with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
4. Heat a chargrill plate or frying pan on high heat; cook peaches for 1-2 minutes or until charred.
5. Mix oil, orange juice, honey, salt and pepper to taste in a small jug.
6. To serve, place burrata and peaches onto a large serving platter; place watercress and fennel in a bowl and gently toss with orange dressing; place onto platter and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
• Orange juice dressing can be made several hours ahead.
• Nectarines and pears can be substituted for the peaches.
• Rocket can be substituted for the watercress.
Recipe courtesy of Winnings culinary experts.