Picture this: you walk into your home after a long day, feeling tired and stressed. But as you step inside, a wave of delightful fragrance wafts through the air, instantly soothing your senses. Ah, the mood boosting power of scented candles! Here, Lifestyle News lists some of our favourites.
1. ARCHIE+DOT: These candles , located in the NSW Southern Highlands, are made from natural soy mixed with Aussie made fragrance oils. The most popular scents to keep your home smelling fresh are cucumber, ginger and mint; sea salt and citrus (our favourite!) and bergamot and patchouli.
2. GINGER&ME: Designed as a powerful reminder to be happy, brave and grateful, this luxurious mindfulness candle collection is infused with three divine signature scents. Our favourite? The coconut and vanilla Grateful candle. which has 80 hours burn time.
3. PALM BEACH COLLECTION. The Jasmine and Cedar candle is their best seller over winter, and we know why! The beautiful scent pairs very well with a glass of red wine when relaxing on the couch, and has an 80 hour burn time. The scent of this features top notes of fruit, bergamot and citrus, with underlying base notes of wood, musk, cedarwood, sandalwood and cinnamon. Divine!
4. HANSON CANDLE CO: Want to spice your sex life? Look no further than the sensual French Vanilla Bourbon Matte Black Massage Candle. Spice up your intimate moments with this hand made candle, a combination of warm light and nourishing butters and oils. It provides a sensual and intimate experience: as the candle burns, the warm oil is released, ready to be drizzled onto your lover's skin for a sensual massage.
5. MAY GIBBS: Fill your home with the essence of the Australian bush and you will also be supporting The Northcott Society and Cerebral Palsy Alliance. Scented with notes of Wattle Blossom, Banksia, and Eucalyptus, the May Gibbs Australian Botanicals soy blend candle has 35 hours burn time.
6. MARY GRACE: Lifestyle News loves the smell of musk, and so will you when you burn the Mary Grace Childhood Dreams Sweet Musk candle. Reminiscent of summer days and 10-cent lolly bags at your local milk bar, this 100% natural single-wicked soy wax candle provides up to 80 hours of burn time and is crafted with nostalgic notes of lemon, pineapple, sugar cane, honey, musk, and patchouli.
7. DEUS LUX: The signature Pray candle is triple scented with pure essential oils and features soy wax in a gorgeous recycled glass jar. The scents White Blossoms of jasmine, lily and gardenia, Orange, Frankincense, Patchouli and Cashmere Wood. The name is for prayer and meditation because the scent of this candle hits the soul.
8. BEEBOOST AND BOTANICALS: These gorgeous candles are Australian-made in the Ballina area, and contain a delightful blend of organic beeswax and essential oils. They are beautifully dressed with crystals and botanical flowers.
9: SPICY HOME CO: Customise your Spicy Home Co candle with a cheeky saying! You can choose from signature scents such as Tahitian lime and coconut, vanilla caramel or cedar wood -- just to name a few -- then add your own message. Plus, you will be supporting an Aussie business.
10. AETHER: This invigorating and bright scent evokes the ethereal, new beginnings and sea breeze. The essential oils help ease stress and promote a positive and calm environment. Aether is known to have a calming and grounding effect on the mind and body and can also help cleanse and purify the air. It can also help improve concentration and relieve headaches. You won't be disappointed!