NRL star Ali Brigginshaw has created a delicious grilled beef and pumpkin wrap dish, which is great for a quick mid-week meal the family are sure to love.
“Quick, tasty and crammed with nutrients, these wraps are a great way to add beef into midweek meals, and to get kids involved in meal prep by encouraging them to build their own wraps," she said.
“As a professional rugby league player I’m training six days a week, so after a tough session I like to make sure my meals are high in protein, carbs and veggies.
"Aussie beef is great for my active lifestyle as it keeps me energised and helps build muscle development, so I try to weave it into my meals three or four times a week. Plus, it’s delicious, so it’s always a winner with the kids.”
Ali's Grilled Beef & Pumpkin Wrap
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
• 500g Beef Rump Steak, fat trimmed
• 1 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
• 350gm Kent or Japanese Pumpkin, peeled, sliced into 1cm thick wedges
• 1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt
• 1/4 cup Tahini
• Zest and juice of 1 Lemon, + extra wedges, to serve
• 4 large Wraps of choice
• 250g Pre-Made Tabouli
• 60g Baby Rocket Leaves
• Mint leaves, to serve
1. In a large snap-lock bag place oil and Cajun seasoning. Add beef, season with pepper and rub to coat. Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set steak aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
2. Spray pumpkin with olive oil and season. Reheat char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook pumpkin 4-5 minutes each side or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yogurt, tahini, lemon zest and juice. Season and stir well, adding a little water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
4. Place wraps on serving plates and top with tabouli, pumpkin, baby rocket and beef. Drizzle with yoghurt sauce. Top with mint and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe by Ali Brigginshaw and. Australian Beef