Think classic Raffaello flavours in a mousse - that's what you get in this easy to make, light, creamy and dreamy Coconut & White Chocolate Mousse.
COCONUT & WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
15 small serves / 10 large
If you’re feeding a larger crowd or want to make larger portions, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
A jug makes it easy to pour and transfer into glasses. I used liqueur glasses for serving that hold 95ml / 3 ounces.
You can melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler. When microwaving always stir between bursts as sometimes the chocolate may be melted but still holds its shape.
Not a white chocolate fan? Substitute white chocolate for milk or dark chocolate.
These flavours are always a hit with kids but they are also elevated enough for elegant parties too.
YOU WILL NEED
250g | 9-ounce block white chocolate, broken into small pieces
270ml | 9 ounces coconut milk or cream
300g |10.5 ounces thickened cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste
3/4 teaspoon coconut essence
2 egg whites
A little extra whipped cream (optional)
Crushed Rafaellos (optional)
Crushed roasted hazelnuts (optional)
Edible rose petals (optional)
1. Place the white chocolate in a large glass microwave-safe bowl and gently melt in 50-second bursts, checking each time to ensure the chocolate does not burn. Stir until smooth and then add the coconut milk and set aside or place the chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl and place over a large saucepan of hot, simmering water, stirring until melted, then add the coconut milk, stir and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, add the vanilla bean paste and coconut essence and gently fold into the melted chocolate mixture with a spatula.
3. Add the egg white to a small, clean bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk until soft peaks form.
4. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a large measuring jug and then pour into your glasses or serving dishes.
6. Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and allow to set for several hours or preferably overnight.
7. Top with whipped cream, crushed Rafaellos, roasted hazelnuts and / or edible rose petals if desired before serving.
Recipe by eatinstylebyferitta.com. Farita is the creator of the popular Australian food blog Eat In Style by Feritta. Her culinary delights are tailor-made for those seeking wholesome meals and special treats amidst their busy lives. See more here.