Having friends around? Here is the perfect entertaining platter filled with premium New Zealand products to inspire you! The New Zealand Made With Care campaign has brought 30+ Kiwi brands to Aussie shores so you can create this masterpiece.
Regal Smoked King Salmon entertaining platter
Difficulty: Easy Serves: 6 Preparation time: 10 mins Ingredients
Regal Cold Smoked King Salmon
Regal Wood Roasted King Salmon
Black olives or green Spanish olives
Mainland cheese or creamy blue cheese or swiss cheese
pistachio nuts or pine nuts
Zespri Kiwi Fruit
OB Quince paste or similar
Olivado Avocado Oil or similar
NZ Avocado hummus or similar
The best platters are bursting with multiple combinations of textures and flavours to satisfy the diverse tastes of your guests. Salty and sweet, creamy and crunchy, hot and cold - these different combos make for an aesthetically pleasing and delectable arrangement.
1. Anchor with a protein - wood roasted and cold smoked salmon elevate your platter and give guests a divine melt-in-your-mouth dining experience.
2. Choose an assortment of your favourite crackers - we love seed-based crackers that give an extra crunch.
3. Select one to two cheeses, hard or soft - we’ve chosen brie, it's a classic.
4. Include a dip or sauce - we’ve chosen an avocado hummus to complement our cheese selection.
5. Arrange a variety of fruits and veggies - grapes, blueberries and cherry tomatoes are perfect for large gatherings and strawberries and kiwifruit bring a pop of gorgeous colour.
6. Detail with something salty - add a salty or briny element like olives and nuts to bring balance to your platter.
7. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary - this extra touch just makes your platter look all the more appetising!
Recipe courtesy of New Zealand Regal Salmon and Sarah Henderson