Are you celebrating all things Barbie at the moment? Then make sure you whip up these delicious pink lamingtons, perfect for friends, family or a sneaky treat! And don't forget to accompany them with a glass of delicious pink sparkling wine!
PINK BLACKCURRANT CREAM LAMINGTONS
Prep time: 1.45 hours
20g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g self raising flour
1 tsp salt
White Chocolate Ganache
1 cup cream
500g white chocolate
Pink gel food colouring
2-3 cups desiccated coconut
Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar
Milk chocolate shavings
1. Preheat oven to 190⁰C (Fan bake) and line Enamel Brownie Pan or 20cm square cake tin. Set aside.
2. To make the vanilla sponge, add the sugar and eggs to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 5-7 minutes until thick, creamy and doubled in size. Add the butter and vanilla, then gently combine on low.
Sift in the flour and salt and mix on low until no lumps of flour are present.
3. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
4. Leave the cake in the pan and cut into 16 even pieces. Place the pan into the freezer and leave for 30-45 minutes to chill the cake to help keep its shape when iced.
5. To make the white chocolate ganache, pour the cream into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Making sure there are bubbles across the entire surface. Remove from the heat and add in white chocolate.
6. Gently stir until chocolate has completely melted and there are no lumps. Stir in the pink food colouring to the desired shade. Remember: Add 1-2 drops to begin with to get a base colour before proceeding. You do not want to add to much. Set the ganache in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let the mix slightly thicken.
7. Pour the ganache into a shallow bowl and add the desiccated coconut to a small tray. Dip one of the chilled sponge squares into the ganache, coating all sides. Remove from the ganache and let the excess drip off before dropping into coconut and tossing to cover completely. Set aside on a lined tray. Repeat with remaining squares of cake. Place the tray into the freezer or fridge to set the icing.
8. To prepare filling, in the bowl of an electric mixer add cream, icing sugar and vanilla, whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
9. Cut the set lamingtons in half and spread ½ tbsp of Bonne Maman Blackcurrant conserve along the base of the lamington. Add a tablespoon of cream on top and sandwich the two lamingtons halves together. Repeat with the remaining lamingtons.
10. To serve add another dollop of cream on top and finish with a sprinkle of milk chocolate shavings.
Recipe courtesy of Wiltshire.